14 January 2009

YouTube Wednesday with Unicorns

Going back to the issue I was typing about the other day, on obscure cartoons, I found this little gem while browsing for cartoon intros to add to the Top Ten. I recall having this one recorded on some obscure tape, right after Terminator 2. It was the sort of stuff Mum taped from TV for me to watch when I was a kid. Must've seen this a thousand times before the tape got either lost or destroyed - read the book, too. As I recall the cartoon was done beautifully, had excellent English voice acting (Mia Farrow did the Unicorn and Christopher Lee voiced an evil old king, which would be significative of the kind of parts they like to this guy) and soundtrack almost entirely by America. On doing a little browsing I found out the cartoon was made in 1982 and highly acclaimed for being an amazingly mature kids' cartoon, to the point where a lot of adults were instantly fans.

No comments: