4 May 2009

Weekly Log - 27 through 03

Monday Apr 27
Spent my day watching movies. Well, those that I managed to find whole at least. There are plenty of movies available on YouTube, but the direction of the site keeps taking away either the middle parts or the endings... which really isn't a big problem when I'm watching a slasher, but it sort of pisses me off if the movie started off interestingly. Why can't YouTube make a channel for movies over 20 years old? I mean, it's not like they're stealing anything from anyone. Nobody is entitled to jack after 20 years or so I've heard. Plus, I'm pretty sure anyone who was featured in 1930 is already dead. Heck, half of those featured in 1960 are dead...

There are plenty of movies out there that will, at best, be remade at some point. Things nobody but movie buffs and me (who trip on this shit by chance rather easily) knows. I'm not talking about classics, I mean, I'm not asking YouTube to make a channel where you can watch the big box office monsters from back then, but at least a couple of B-series flicks... I'd watch that.

A B-series movies YouTube. Sounds nice. If I was in charge of it I'd name it YuckTube.

Tuesday Apr 28
I sent a few resumes early in the morning, went out to buy some bread, and by the time I came back someone wanted me for an interview tomorrow afternoon. Crow, that was fast. Every time I get an appointment for an interview by sending a resume without college, I feel like laughing.

Wednesday Apr 29

Well, today was my interview... and by crow, Murphy tried everything to wreck it in every way.

First off, I left the house, ready to roll. I wasn't done going down the steps from my building, I bumped into some guy from the one of the nearby Christian cults. Wanted me to go watch some mass, some choir, whatever. I said I couldn't - he wouldn't give up. I normally tell these people to get off my hair plain and simple... but today, I'm in a rush, and I'm not in the mood to yell and bitch. So I gave him a fake phone number and sent him on his merry way. These guys are worse than telemarketing operators: those have green light to quit after three attempts, these won't. It pains me to see what sort of worshipers Jesus Christ has these days... he should've stayed around India the first time he went there. Gotta start telling these evangelists I belong to the Most Serene Church of Murphy, print out some fliers so we can exchange them...

So I went to meet Pops, he was cool today, paid for my lunch and gave me money for the boat and subway, cheered me on... during lunch, I got a stain on my shirt. Now think of every time you ever ate something with sauce. Every time you had nothing to do after lunch, ate something with sauce and didn't get dirty. Well precisely today...

The lady in the snack bar saved my life. She had a stain remover that did the trick.

So I went to Lisboa... I had to wait a good while for the interview, got there early... was treated to the sight of a couple of gypsies fighting on the street... finally, I got into the room to be interviewed along five other guys. The interview took two and a half hours: two presential questionings, group problem-solving tests, understanding tests, psychological tests, creativity tests... to sell coffee machines?

When I came back, I phoned a friend and we had a couple beers and talked about life and fun. I was tired: by the time I came back, I had walked up and down the area for a while trying to find my way back to the subway...

Thursday Apr 30
Shit, what am I, being chased? God, if you have something to tell me, send me an e-mail, because I am frankly tired of getting bugged on my way around the street by the people from your church!

Another evangelist today, stopped me to offer me a Bible study. I said I had read and studied parts of the Bible in college (it's no lie...), both in its recent translation and Latin. He then started giving me the usual "The End is Nigh" speech. At the end, asked me if I wouldn't like to live forever. I bluntly said no. He said the World would be a different place then. I still said I still didn't want to live forever and walked off. Like with a movie, I don't need any sequels, and series that run too long get boring or stupid. And what's with the Book of Revelation speech they all love to give us? I refuse to be frightened into joining a religion, just as I refuse being frightened into joining a political party, a soccer team or just about any group I loathe and despise.

Friday May 1
Today is worker's day. Since I still don't work, the holiday means jack to me. The guys dropped by on the afternoon to play some games and take pictures, we spent half the time watching one of them be owned at Project Zero 3: The Tormented (she cheated, though: she saw a walkthrough on YouTube before coming by) and the other getting shot and sliced to death on The Suffering: Ties that Bind. Afterwards, we had dinner (pizza) and went to the mall to meet with the rest of the folk and go for coffee. We spoke at length of shit... really, of shit, because we didn't learn a thing from that chat, that's why it was enjoyable... we took a nigh stroll and came back home.

Weekend May 2-3
Well, I did it. On Saturday I marched my way to the theatre, purchased a ticket for X-Men Origins: Wolverine, purchased a large Coke and braced myself for whatever was gonna be tossed my way. You can read my complaints on the post of May 2nd. I am now going to leave a clear line here for those who read the blog, and I will repeat it when the time comes closer: I'm probably going to watch Star Trek next weekend, I'm not sure yet. Anyone who would like to tag along, leave me a note before Friday. By Friday I will be confirming if I'm going. Most likely it's the mall, and I'm pointing to the 13h30 session.

3 comments:

M. Marques said...

If you go on Sunday to see Star Trek, count me in!!

ladySeion said...

Seems to be tight next weekend. I'm now pointing for Sat May 16, but I'm counting you in.

Carla B. said...

I would like to go, too.
I also removed the college atendance part of my resume and, holy crap, it works!