31 August 2009

Weekly Log - 24 through 30

Monday Aug 24
Please leave me the fuck alone today, Murphy. There are hundreds of ways in which I can fuck this up on my own. I don't need any help. So go bother somebody else today. i have shit to do, and you have plenty of people to annoy other than me!

I skipped work again today (can't be helped) and went to the interview. You may argue that I could've gone to work after or before it, and I give. But I was waiting for a reply (since, after all, the job starts on Wednesday) and if this lie is gonna fly, I can't just show up.

So I got there, I filled in the usual form, and awaited my chance. Had to say plenty about myself and my bank accounts (I didn't, of course, tell the interviewer I owe 400 gold to my previous bank... that's the kind of thing that easily gets you kicked away from opportunity. And let's be reasonable, I intend to pay for that. but I won't starve because of it). I had to make another simulation with some guy in there, but by the time I left, I felt they were rather inclined to hire me.


Tuesday Aug 25
Score!!! I'm in! The job's mine! I won't have to stay at the supermarket after the contract is done!

Alright, so this is a call-center, and I know I told pretty much everyone I know that a call-center isn't a job so much as punishment, but this is 500 bling for three hours and three quarters. It's pretty damn good, and I can find something to do in the afternoon as well. And it's not an eight hour standing gig. Since it's the bank's call center, it might be easier as well. I'm not going to be unemployed!

As the last gig is concerned, well, I'm very sorry but I'm skipping the last week. Wait. No, I'm not as sorry as all that, actually. I think, in fact, I don't give a flying crow. Yeah, that's more accurate: I don't give a flying crow. Score!!

Wednesday Aug 26
Day one of formative classes. It starts well: no smokes, no cash to buy them. Just peachy. Just what I needed on day one to give me that extra zing.

So here's what I'm expected to do. For now, I'll be be doing quality control quizzes to bank customers. Afterwards, I may or may not enter the commercial area. My contract is renewed every month until one of the parties decided to cancel it, and I'm seriously hoping this only happens when I find a better job full-time and must leave this one.

Thursday Aug 27
Murphy, get off my bloody case!!

I was late today. The crow-damned cellphone alarm didn't ring at the time I set it for. My new priority: finding a proper alarm clock. Worse still, Mum was home at the time I left, so not only was I pissed over being late, I also had to hear her going on about it as soon as I got up.

I tried not to overstress. It will do me no good at this time. I got my ass to work, made up a story about a bus losing its tailpipe and let it slide over the shoulder. I just need to make sure it doesn't happen again. The bank's pretty strict on tardiness, not only they won't pay even the justified missing days, they are also entitled to can my ass if I make a habit out of it.

Friday Aug 28
Friday arrived and with it an end to my first week's worth of formative classes. The morning's issue was a simulation, in which they pointed out to me what I need to improve if I am to become a proper operator.

Considering I haven't been in telemarketing for a while, it went well. On Monday I try again. It's nothing I haven't done before really, i guess that's what's soothing me. Even with all the differences (the bank is a lot more strict than any other company) the end result they want is the same: sales, and plenty of them.

Weekend Aug 29 - 30
An eventful weekend. On Saturday night, my brother's band (Caffeínna) was at Corroios' festival in concert. I, of course, was at the front row. They had a pretty nice crowd as well, despite being a little hidden away and at the smaller stage in the festival. Even my cousin came from far the fuck away to see Kid Bro bang them drums. They had a couple problems at the end, namely there was a problem with the drums, still they went over it like a pro band. I'm proud of him.

On Sunday, lunch with the guys. I had to shorten my stay since I have a simulation on Monday and I needed to get my notes ready to shine, still I ate well and had a lot of fun, as always. Main downloads for the weekend: a few more ROMs for the Gameboy Advance emulator and more D&D books, mainly.

No comments: